The data mining tutorial section gives you a brief introduction of data mining, its important concepts, architectures, processes and applications. If you are new to data mining and looking for a good overview of data mining, this section is designed just for you.
What Data Mining Tutorial Covers
- What is data mining- discusses about data explosion, knowledge discovery and provides some common definitions of data mining.
- Data mining architecture - covers various data mining architectures and discusses about advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Advantages & disadvantages of data mining - discusses about the advantages and disadvantages of data mining using by businesses, society, governments and individual.
- Data mining processes – provides the Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining or CRSP-DM, one of the most well-known and practical data mining process.
- Applications of data mining – looks into data mining applications in various areas including sales/marketing, banking, insurance, health care, transportation and medicine.
- Data mining techniques – give s you a brief overview of common data mining techniques.
- Data mining and warehousing – discusses about the data mining and data warehouse.
- Data mining example – gives you a real world example of data mining.