We use the Northwind database as the SQL sample database in all our SQL tutorials. Northwind is a fictitious company that imports and exports foods globally. The Northwind sample database provides you with a good database structure and sales data that help you experiment with SQL statements quickly.
The following database diagram illustrates the Northwind database structure:
You can download the following printable version for A4 paper.
The following explains each table in the Northwind database:
- Customers – stores customer master data
- Orders – stores transaction sale orders from customers
- OrderDetails – stores line items of sale orders
- Products – stores products master data
- Suppliers – stores suppliers master data
- Shippers – stores shippers master data
- Region – stores region master data
- Territories – store territories master data
- Employees – store employees master data
- EmployeeTerritories – store relationship between employee and territory.